World Affairs Council: Membership Campaign
The World Affairs Council presents lectures and events to engage the citizens of Northeast Florida and help them to become better participants in the global community. At Brunet-García, we had worked with World Affairs Council on a number of projects including their branding, website and various collateral projects. In 2009, World Affairs Council came to us for ideas to increase their membership and attract younger members. I led the creative team on the campaign and was responsible for the creative concept.
- Current members of the World Affairs Council (approx. age 55-64)
- The Young Professional member segment
- Those who are not currently members of the council but are interested in the economy and world affairs
Marketing Challenges & Objectives
- Increase council membership by 8% to 10% by the end of the campaign period
- Increase Young Professional memberships
- Encourage current members to renew
- Encourage members to refer others to join the Council
Brunet-García created a targeted email and print ad campaign geared to Jacksonville professionals in their 20s to 40s. The campaign was peppered with enough youthful energy to attract a fresh batch of young professionals, taking the World Affairs Council from “stale and stodgy” to “fun and engaging” through our Share the Love messaging.
- Develop PR, community relations and social media programs with one-on-one outreach to key groups citywide
- Launch a community education and outreach effort
- Create and produce a comprehensive marketing program including ad campaign, monthly newsletter, email and website
Enrollment and Awareness
- 15% increase in memberships across all membership levels (100 new members)
- Young Professional (Individual) Memberships increased from 13 to 43 (an increase of 231%)
- Young Professional (Couple), a new category for the 2010 membership year, kicked off with 20 couple memberships
- Young Professional (Corporate), also a new category for the 2010 membership year, kicked off with 46 memberships.
- 19% Increase in Individual Memberships
- 23% Increase in Patron level sponsors
- Email click-thru rates: 11.1%
- Email open rates: 36.46%
- Email forwarding rates: 55%